How to Add Email Signature in Outlook: Installation Guide
1. Adding an email signature in Outlook for Windows
2. Outlook on the Web / Outlook.com
3. How to set a signature in Outlook for Mac
4. Outlook for mobile devices
5. Editing existing signatures
6. How to customize an Outlook email signature with our Outlook signature generator
Microsoft Outlook is one of the largest email clients in the world, with a 40% market share among businesses. That’s why it’s not surprising that it’s relatively easy to create a signature in Outlook, as it’s become a key part of branding and marketing.
However, you still need to figure out the specifics of creating an Outlook signature on different devices, as well as on the web.
To help you learn how to customize an Outlook email signature, we’ll explore how to work with the web-based, Windows, Mac, and mobile versions when you want to add a signature in Outlook.
Since Outlook is a Microsoft service, you can expect it to be a seamless and convenient experience when using a Microsoft operating system.
If you want to create an Outlook signature on a Windows device, here’s how you can do that on the Outlook Windows app.
- Open the Outlook Windows app, where you will be able to add an email signature on Outlook.
- Once there, click the New Email button on the top left corner. In a new email window, find the Signatures button, choose to add a new signature, and name it.
- You can then paste your signature into the signature box. When you set a signature in Outlook, make sure to select the Keep Source Formatting option as you’re pasting it to preserve the right format.
- In the Signatures and Stationery section, find the Choose default signature section and select the template you want to use for your email account, new messages, and replies/forwards.
- Click OK at the bottom and that’s it! You can test your signature by composing a new email.
This applies to various versions, including Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2021, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Office for Business, Office 365 Small Business, Microsoft 365 Admin, and New Outlook for Windows.
If you’re not using Outlook’s app and want to add a signature to Outlook email on your browser, here are the steps you will need to take.
- Open your browser and head to Outlook.com.
- Find the Gear settings at the top right and select View All Outlook Settings, which will open a new tab.
- There, go to Mail and select Compose and Reply, where you will find the Outlook email signature box.
- Now, you will be able to paste a signature you made with Newoldstamp or create one from scratch. To paste a signature you copied from Newoldstamp, press CTRL + V on Windows or Cmd + V on Mac.
- Once done, you can click save to finalize the changes. Don’t forget to tick the boxes below the signature to ensure that it appears in new messages and replies.
- To see how your new signature looks, compose a new email and it should appear at the bottom of the box.
This method applies to supported versions, including Outlook on the Web, Outlook.com, Outlook on the Web for Exchange Server 2016, and Outlook on the Web for Exchange Server 2019.
Mac devices have a convenient Outlook app, which makes it easy not just to access your mail but to customize your email signature as well.
This method covers versions such as Outlook for Microsoft 365 for Mac, Outlook 2021 for Mac, Outlook 2019 for Mac, Outlook 2016 for Mac, Office for Business, Office 365 Small Business, Microsoft 365 Admin, and Outlook for Mac 2011.
- Open your Outlook Mac app and click the New Email button on the top-left corner.
- Once there, click the Message tab at the top-left corner and find the Edit Signatures section.
- Paste your personalized signature or create it from scratch using the formatting tools provided by the Outlook app. You can also create a name for your template that tells you what it’s for.
- Once you’re happy with the results, click Save.
- If you want the new signature to appear in every new message, select the template for new messages and replies/forwards at the bottom of the Signatures section.
If you want to learn more about how to set, edit, and manage beautiful-looking signatures in Outlook for Mac, check out our comprehensive guide that dives deep into the topic.
If you find yourself sending many email messages from your Android or iOS mobile device, you need to know how to set up and update an Outlook signature in the mobile app.
Unfortunately, the Outlook Android app doesn’t allow HTML signatures. However, you can set up plain text signatures that will help showcase the essential contact details and provide more context to the people you’re communicating with.
Meanwhile, iOS does allow you to add a ‘rich’ signature, so you can import it from an email signature solution like Newoldstamp.
Here’s the process for creating an Outlook signature on Android or iPhone devices:
- Go to the app, tap the account image in the top left corner, and select the Gear icon.
- There, find the Signature tab, which will open up the signature box.
- Create the signature in the box or paste it from Newoldstamp.
- Once done, click Save and you’re done. Just don’t forget to check the mobile signature box in the Signatures section to include it in your emails.
If you want to learn more about how to add an email signature to Outlook on mobile devices, you can learn everything you need to know in our Outlook mobile guide.
An email signature is only useful as long as it’s relevant. That’s why you need to know how to update your signature on the app or device you’re using.
For the Outlook browser version, the process of editing your email signature looks like this:
- Click on the Outlook settings Gear icon at the top right.
- Go to the Compose and Reply section, where you will find the email signature settings.
- Under the “Create and edit signatures” section, choose the template you want to edit and make the desired changes.
- Once done, click Save. If it’s not already set as the default signature, you can do so below the signature box, by selecting the template for New Messages and Replies/Forwards.
Here’s how to change the signature on the Windows app:
- Click on the Gear icon and select “View Settings.”
- There, go to ‘Accounts’ > ‘Signatures’, and select the signature template you want to edit.
- Once you’re done making changes, click Save. You will also be able to update your default signatures below the editing box.
Finally, here’s how to edit your Outlook email signature on a Mac device:
- Head to Preferences, then find the Email section, and select Signatures.
- Select the template you want to edit and select it.
- In the signature box, make the necessary changes.
- Click Save, and choose the default signature for new emails and replies/forwards below the signature.
Before you can add a signature on Outlook, you need to create it. And while you can design it from scratch in the Outlook app, that process can be complicated, take a long time, and produce inconsistent results.
That’s why if you want to create an Outlook signature that will represent your brand well, it’s a good idea to consider a professional solution like Newoldstamp. You can take advantage of an intuitive design process, use a range of professionally designed templates, and ensure that the signatures are consistent for your entire team.
But what does the process of creating an Outlook email signature with Newoldstamp look like?
Here are step-by-step instructions you can follow.
- Login to your Newoldstamp account and find the Create Signature button in the Dashboard.
- There, you’ll be able to choose from a variety of templates to get you started. If you want, you can also choose a blank template that you can design from scratch.
- Once you have a template, you can start filling out your information in the left-side panel.
- The first tab allows you to customize the text, as well as the style of each element. You can configure various formatting options such as font, font color, font size, and more.
- As you go through different tabs, you’ll be able to add images, such as a picture of yourself or your company logo.
- You will also have the option of adding and customizing your social media buttons to promote and grow your social presence. It’s also very easy to include links to your website, offers, or blog.
- Newoldstamp also offers the ability to insert engaging banners at the bottom of your signature, allowing you to promote your offers, encourage sign-ups, or showcase new products.
- Once you’re happy with the result, save your new Outlook email signature and it will appear in your dashboard.
- You can then click “Use”, select the Outlook icon, and click Copy signature.
- Then, simply head to the Outlook app on your browser or app and paste it in the signature box, setting it as your new default signature for new messages and replies/forwards.
No matter the device you’re using, Outlook makes it easy to install a signature in minutes. But if you don’t want to spend hours creating a signature in Outlook, it’s a good idea to use a comprehensive email signature management solution like Newoldstamp to facilitate the process and ensure the best results.
To discover just how easy creating a professional email signature with Newoldstamp is, request a demo today!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to set up a signature on Outlook for desktop (Windows)?
To set up a signature on Outlook for desktop (Windows), follow these steps:
- Click on the ‘Gear’ icon and select ‘View Settings’.
- Navigate to ‘Accounts’ > ‘Signatures’ and choose ‘+ New signature’.
- Paste the sign-off from Newoldstamp or create one from scratch.
- Save and set it in the list above the editing box.
- Go to ‘Select default signatures’ and apply the sign-offs to ‘New messages’ and ‘Replies/forwards’.
How do I change my signature in Outlook Office 365?
To change your signature in Outlook Office 365, follow these steps:
- Click File > Options > Mail > Signatures.
- Select the signature you want to edit and make changes in the Edit signature box.
- After making changes, click Save > OK.
How to make a signature on Outlook for desktop (Mac)?
To make a signature on Outlook for desktop (Mac):
- On the Outlook menu, select Preferences.
- Under E-mail, choose Signatures.
- Select the signature you want to edit, make changes, and close the Signatures window.
How to add your signature in Outlook for Android?
To add your signature in Outlook for Android:
- Click the ‘Gear’ icon and go to ‘Settings’.
- Find the ‘Signature’ tab and click it.
- Create or paste your sign-off, click save, and enable the mobile signature box.
Creating a signature in Outlook on iPhone?
To create a text signature on Outlook for iPhone:
- Open the Outlook app, and click the Gear icon.
- Tap your account, then select 'Signature'.
- Enter text and links for your signature, and tap 'Done' to save.
How to automatically add a signature in Outlook (browser version)?
To automatically add a signature in Outlook (browser version):
- Click on the ‘Outlook Settings’ gear icon and choose ‘Mail’.
- In the ‘Compose and reply’ section, find the ‘Email signature’ settings.
- Customize your email footer and set it as the default option in templates.
How to add a picture to the signature?
To add a picture to the signature:
- While editing your signature, use the image icon to insert a picture.
- Choose an image file and adjust the size and alignment as needed.
- Save the changes to include the picture in your Outlook signature.